The University College London (UCL) has opened applications for its African Graduate Scholarship, open to African nationals currently residing in an African nation.
Application Deadline: 27th of April, 2018
Eligible Countries: African Countries
Country of Scholarship: UK
About the Scholarship:
The scholarships exist to support African nationals with a high-quality academic and professional background who would not be able to study at UCL without financial assistance. The Scholarship is a one-off award for the academic year September-September to study at the UCL Institute for Global Health.
Scholarship type: Masters (MSc.)
Eligibility: Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- The candidate must be an African national and a permanent resident of an African nation at the time of application.
- The candidate must have made an application and been accepted to UCL to study for a full-time postgraduate programme at the Institute for Global Health for the coming academic year.
- The scheme offers a substantial scholarship towards UCL tuition fees, accommodation and some living costs. The candidate must also be able to provide evidence that he/she has secured other sources of funding for travelling to and from the UK.
- The amount awarded will be dependent on the individual candidate. Payment of the
Scholarship is made in the form of a deduction from tuition fees and accommodation expenses at the start of the academic session; and by cheques at regular intervals throughout the academic year to pay for food, transport and daily expenses.
- If you advise potential sponsorship organisations of your scholarship application it
may assist you in obtaining further funding from them.
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year
African Graduate Scholarship Requirements:
Candidates are required to submit their completed scholarship application forms with
the following documentation:
- Two reference letters. (Preferably one professional and one academic reference). Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper with a signature and must be signed across the seal of the envelope to ensure confidentiality (if sent by post). If sent by e-mail the referee can send the signed letter directly to Alison Gilry email@example.com
- A copy of the UCL unconditional offer letter for the relevant academic year that the scholarship is intended for.
- A current CV.
- A letter confirming current employment status and annual salary in GBP.
- Copies of certificates and transcripts for higher education and professional training.
- A detailed personal statement.
- Proof of funding status including evidence that they have applied to other funding bodies for the additional expenses. If any additional funding has UCL Institute for Global Health
been obtained, the applicant must provide evide
How to Apply:
- The candidate must have made an application and been accepted to UCL to study for a full-time postgraduate at the institute of Global Health for the coming academic year. Click this link to apply to the MSc.
- African Graduate Scholarship Application Form (word doc) Please submit your application and supporting documentation by the 27th of April, 2018
- Please see the guidelines and application procedures (Link in Program Webpage below).
Scholarship Award Providers: University College London. Sponsored by the CP Charitable Trust, and the International Student House
Are you looking for more scholarships, click here.