The Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is happy to announce MSc Applied Informatics to study in China. XJTLU offers a generous scholarship of up to 50 per-cent of the total tuition fee for all full-time masters programmes based on academic merit.
The Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is an international joint venture university founded by Xi’an Jiaotong University in China and the University of Liverpool in the United Kingdom. As an independent Sino-foreign cooperative university, it captures the essence of both prestigious parent universities and is the first and only one of its kind approved by the Ministry of Education in China.
Applications Deadline: June 30, 2019, for September 2019 start
Course Level: Scholarships are available to study MSc programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Applied Informatics.
Scholarship Award: XJTLU offers a generous scholarship of up to 50 per-cent of the total tuition fee for all full-time masters programmes based on academic merit. Should you wish to apply for XJTLU master scholarship, please submit a scholarship application letter in your application stating the reasons why you should be considered.
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Minimum Entry Requirements
Upper second class (2:1) honours
- 1st tier universities: 75 per cent or above
- 2nd tier universities: 80 per cent or above
Note: Chinese applicants are not required to take the MoE postgraduate entrance exam.
3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme.
Equivalent academic qualifications
An undergraduate degree (UK 2:1 or equivalent) in related fields (e.g. computing, engineering, business, or financial mathematics).
English Language Requirements:
If English is not your native language or if you have not studied in English at degree level, you will need to provide evidence of your English proficiency. You should normally possess one of the following qualifications:
- IELTS: 6.0 (minimum of 5.0 in all sections)
- TOEFL iBT: 80
- In exceptional circumstances, individual cases will be considered on their own merits. You may be required to attend interviews or tests to further demonstrate your English proficiency.
- If you miss the English language requirements by 0.5-1.0 of an IELTS band or a similar number for other English language exams, you can be admitted to the programme after successful completion of our five- or eight-week intensive English presessional course.
- You can also apply to take the XJTLU English language test in lieu of an IELTS/TOEFL or equivalent. Based on the score, students may be admitted or may be required to take and successfully complete the five- or eight-week intensive English pre-sessional course.
- Additionally, students may be required to complete English language courses on a pass/fail basis as part of the additional learning activity requirement during their studies at XJTLU.
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted via our online application system:
1. Click/tap the apply link
2. Create an account or log in to your existing account
3. Complete your application
- Once your application account is successfully created, enter all the information required in the application form carefully and make sure the information you provide is correct, complete and up to date. Upload the required documents to the corresponding fields.
- You may log-in to view your application form at any time and upload any remaining supporting documents.
- For further details of how to successfully apply to study at XJTLU, please visit the how to apply page.