Applications are invited for Deakin University Postgraduate Research Scholarships which are available for domestic and international students. There are two types of scholarships: the RTP scholarships (previously APA) are funded by the Australian Federal Government, while the DUPR opportunities are funded by Deakin University.
Deakin University is a university with approximately 50,644 higher education students in 2014. Established in 1974, the University was named after the leader of the Australian federation movement and the nation’s second Prime Minister, Alfred Deakin.
Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Award: These financial aid positions will cover the followings:
- A stipend of $27,596 per annum tax exempt (2019 rate)
- A relocation allowance from $500 to $1,500 awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas in order to study at Deakin
- For international students only: overseas health coverage for the duration of the tuition fees offset
The award can be taken in Australia
See More Australia Fully Funded Scholarships
Eligibility Deakin University Fully Funded Postgraduate Research Scholarships;
Applicants must meet the following area for these endowments:
- To be eligible for an RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset, RTP Allowance or DUPRS a student must be a domestic or international student enrolled in an HDR course of study at Deakin University
- To be eligible for an RTP Fees Offset an applicant must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR fees
- To be eligible for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend a student must not be receiving income from another source to support that student’s general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is greater than 75 percent of that student’s RTP or DUPRS Stipend rate. Income unrelated to the student’s course of study or income received for the student’s course of study but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not to be taken into account.
Nationality: The studentships are available to domestic and international students.
College Admission Requirement
- Refer to the research degree entry pathways page for information on admission requirements to an HDR course at Deakin University.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Students receiving an RTP or DUPRS Stipend will be enrolled as on-campus full-time students.
How to Apply Deakin University Fully Funded Postgraduate Research Scholarships:
Students need to apply via the online Higher Degree by Research Application Form. They will be required to attach a number of certified supporting documents, in addition to your research proposal and referee reports. The process for applications is different for each faculty/institute. Some faculties/institutes require an Expression of Interest form to be submitted prior to submitting a full application via the online Higher Degree by Research Application Form.
Application Deadline: Open
Doctoral Degree Duration: 3 years for stipend and 4 years for the tuition fees offset
Research Master Degree Duration: 2 years for stipend and 2 years for the tuition fees offset
For more information please email the Graduate Research Academy
Want more scholarships like these, see below;
- Fulbright (Fully Funded) Scholarship to Study in USA 2020
- VLIR-UOS Full Scholarships to Study in Belgium 2020/2021
- Fully-Funded International MSc Scholarships in Germany, 2020