The Academy Scholars Program at Harvard University identifies and supports outstanding scholars at the start of their careers whose work combines disciplinary excellence in the social sciences or law with a command of the language and history or culture of countries or regions outside of the United States or Canada. Their scholarship may elucidate domestic, comparative, or transnational issues, past or present. Each year four to six Academy Scholars are named for two-year appointments. Academy Scholars are expected to reside in the Cambridge/Boston area for the duration of their appointments unless traveling for pre-approved research purposes.
Academy Scholars at Harvard University are appointed for a two-year, in-residence, postdoctoral fellowship at The Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA. They receive substantial financial and research assistance to undertake sustained projects of research and/or acquire accessory training in their chosen fields and areas. The Senior Scholars, a distinguished group of senior Harvard University faculty members, act as mentors to the Academy Scholars to help them achieve their intellectual potential.
Postdoctoral Academy Scholars will receive an annual stipend of 67,000$. If selected before earning the PhD, the Scholars will receive an annual stipend of 31,000$ until awarded the PhD. This stipend is supplemented by funding for conference and research travel, research assistants, and health insurance coverage. Some teaching is permitted but not required.
Related Scholarship in the United States
To be eligible for Fellowship program at Harvard University, these points should be considered:
- Recent PhD (or comparable professional school degree) recipients and doctoral candidates in the social sciences or law.
- Those still pursuing a PhD should have completed their routine training and be well along in the writing of their theses before applying to become Academy Scholars.
- If you have completed a PhD program, the PhD completion date must be within three years of the October 1 application deadline. For applicants applying for the October 1, 2018 deadline, you must have completed your PhD or equivalent after September 30, 2015.
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail this scholarship.
- Create a new account here.
- Fill your data.
The completed application will include:
- Cover letter which succinctly states the applicant’s academic field, country or region of specialization, and proposed research topic
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resumé; including list of publications
- Research proposal (2500 word maximum); including intellectual objectives and planned methodological and disciplinary work
- A copy of your PhD program transcript
- Three letters of recommendation
*All parts of the application, including the three letters of recommendation, are submitted online as PDF documents.
Deadline: October 1.To know more about Harvard Academy Scholars Programs USA 2019, please visit official website:
See more fully funded scholarships in USA below;
- International Excellence Award at Northern Arizona University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships in USA For International Students at Boston University, 2019
- Fully Funded Stanford University Knight Hennessy Scholarships Program in USA, 2020
- USA Fulbright Fully Funded Foreign Student Program, 2020