Kochi University of Technology, Japan Special Scholarship Program (SSP) in Engineering for Doctoral applicants from around the world.
[box type=”info” ]Application Deadline: 17th March, 2017
Eligible Program of Study: 3 years Doctoral Program in the Department of Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering The number of students to be admitted is yet to be decided.[/box]
The Special Scholarship Program (SSP) was established in 2003 in order to support the advanced research of Kochi University of Technology by enlisting the help of highly capable students especially students from foreign countries. Every year in April and October, the university enrolls selected doctoral students for specific research projects. The students pursue the doctoral course in English (excluding Japanese students) while at the same time assisting their host professor as a research assistant (RA). Through this scholarship program KUT wishes to expand and deepen international ties with academic and educational institutions all over the world.
To be eligible to apply for the SSP scholarship, Applicants are required:
- To have nationality other than Japanese.
- To have or have the intention to acquire the “College Student” status of Japanese residence, at the time of entrance, in accordance with the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act in Japan.
- To have or to be expected to acquire a master’s degree before enrollment.
- To have excellent academic records in both bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
- To be 35 years old or under at the time of enrollment.
- To have the intention, adequate knowledge and research skill to work as a research assistant in one of research projects listed here
- To have high English proficiency.
To complete the scholarship program and acquire a doctoral degree, publication of 2 or more high level reviewed papers is required within 3 years.
Number of Awards: Not more than 3
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year. The term will be extended for increments of one year up to a total of three years, unless the university terminates the SSP student status for any of the reasons stated in the link below.
- Exemption from 30,000 yen entrance examination fee, 300,000 yen enrollment fee and 535,800 yen/year tuition fee
- To support living expenses, 150,000 yen/month is paid for research project work.
- 150,000 yen is provided for travel and initial living costs. (given only to international applicants who are living outside Japan, and who have, or have the intention to acquire, “Student” status of Japanese residence at the time of entry into Japan)
Choose a research project from the SSP Research Project List (see in link below)
Complete and submit all required documents.
The SSP student must work as a research assistant in a specific research project. However, the total paid working hour per week for students with “College Student” status, should not exceed 28 hours per week.
The SSP student must report his/her study and research achievements to the dean of the graduate school of engineering at the end of each semester. The submitted reports will be evaluated.
All inquiries and application documents must be addressed to:
International Relations Division
Kochi University of Technology
Tosayamada, Kami City
Kochi 782-8502, JAPAN
To learn more about the SSP scholarship at Kochi University of Technology, Japan, visit scholarship webpage
[box type=”shadow” ]Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship page. This is only a summarized listing of the scholarship. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice. For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from dev-scholarships.com is strictly at your own risk[/box]