MILYON is a LabEx (Laboratoire d’Excellence), a centre of Excellence, carried forward by the researchers in the fields of mathematics and theoretical computer science of the University of Lyon in the region of Lyon Saint-Etienne.
MILYON is one of the projects of Excellence that was awarded a LabEx grant (Laboratoire d’Excellence) by the French National Agency for Research (ANR), as part of the program “Investments for the Future” (Investissements d’Avenir) after a first call for proposals in 2010.MILYON is one of the twelve LabEx awarded to the University of Lyon.
- Applications Deadline: January 10, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
- Study Subject: The Excellence Laboratory Milyon supports the following programs:
- Advanced Mathematics 1st year and 2nd year (ENS de Lyon/Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1) – program in English
- Fundamental Computer Science 1st year and 2nd year (ENS de Lyon) – program in English
- Maths in Action: from concept to innovation 2nd year (Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1/École Centrale de Lyon/ENS de Lyon) – program in English
- General Mathematics 1st year (Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1/Université Jean Monnet Saint-Étienne) – program in French
- Applications for the following master training program may be considered if they are part of a study plan clearly oriented toward research and as a first year for the M2 “Math en Action”. The applications should present convincing elements in this respect.
- Applied mathematics and statistics Master program 1st year (Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1) – program in French
- Scholarship Award: The Excellence Laboratory Milyon offers Master or 3rd year (Bachelor level) scholarships of a net amount of 1 000 euros/month, for 10 months. The scholarships are renewable on an annual basis.
In addition to its regular scholarships program, Milyon can supplement (up to 1 000 euros/month for 10 months) partial support for studying in the Lyon-Saint-Étienne area.
- Nationality: Scholarships are available for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: The high quality programs attract numerous students, including foreign ones.
- Scholarship can be taken in France
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available for international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Programs in French: candidates must have a good level in French. For candidates using the CEF procedure, a B2 level in French is required.
How to Apply: Candidates must upload the following documents:
- Résumé (vitae) (at most 2 pages)
- Motivation letter
- Scanned version of academic results (all university years if available)
- Description of the courses followed in 2016-2017
- Two recommendation letters (one from the tutor in 2016-2017)