Always wanted to study in Australia? Captivated by the idea of spending your student years enjoying barbeques, surfing and studying at a prestigious Australian university? Now’s your chance, with this selection of Australian scholarships.
The list below covers government-funded, externally funded and university-specific Australian scholarships for international students at bachelor’s, master’s and PhD level.
Government-funded Australian scholarships for international students
- Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS) – Scholarships to study in Australia for students of all degree levels (bachelors, masters, PhD) hailing from selected countries within the Asia-Pacific region, Africa and the Middle East. Applicants from Indonesia can also apply for the Allison Sudradjat Prize and/or the Hadi Soesastro Prize.
- Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students – A range of merit-based international scholarships to study in Australia. Funded by the Australian government and available to postgraduate students from the Asia-Pacific region, Middle East, Europe and the Americas.
- Australia International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) – Postgraduate-level Australian scholarships for international students from all regions (excluding Australia and New Zealand) to study towards a research degree at a participating Australian university.
University-specific Australian scholarships for international students
- Australian National University – Various scholarships available for international students at all study levels, which can be found using a search tool on the university site.
- Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) – Tuition fee scholarships available for master’s or PhD students enrolled at the University of Adelaide.
- Curtin University International Research Scholarships – International scholarships for students undertaking master’s or PhD programs at Curtin University in Perth.
- Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (FIPRS) – Australian scholarships to study at Flinders University in Adelaide. Awarded to master’s and PhD research students, based on merit.
- La Trobe Academic Excellence Scholarships (AES) – Scholarships for international students to study at La Trobe University in Melbourne. Open to high-achieving students from outside Australia or New Zealand who are enrolled on any taught undergraduate or postgraduate program. Scholarship lasts a maximum of two semesters.
- Macquarie Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships – Partial tuition fee scholarships available to ‘outstanding’ international students to study in Australia at Macquarie University in Sydney. Not open to Australians or New Zealanders.
- Melbourne Research Scholarships (MRS) – Scholarships for high-achieving domestic and international students to undertake a master’s research program at Melbourne University.
- Monash University International Scholarships for Excellence – Merit-based scholarships for undergraduate and graduate international students to study in Australia at Monash University in Melbourne.
- Rotary Peace Fellowships – Australian scholarships awarded to master’s degree students studying within one of Rotary’s ‘Peace Centers’ (such as at the University of Queensland, Australia).
- University of Sydney International Scholarships – Various Australian scholarships open to international undergraduate students studying at the University of Sydney. There are also scholarships open to postgraduate students.
- University of Newcastle Postgraduate Research Scholarships (UNIPRS) – Australian scholarships for postgraduate students to study in Australia at the University of Newcastle.
- University of Sydney International Scholarship (USydIS) – Scholarships for international students undertaking research programs (master’s or PhD) at the University of Sydney.
- University of Western Australia International Postgraduate Research Scholarships – Research scholarships for master’s and PhD students to study in Australia at the University of Western Australia. Covers tuition fees, a fortnightly stipend for living expenses, and health insurance.
- UTS International Undergraduate Full Tuition Scholarship – UTS will pay each recipient the UTS tuition fees for the approved Bachelor degree course for the duration of the scholarship, which is the standard number of sessions required for completion of the recipient’s enrolled undergraduate course on the basis of full-time study load.
Other Australian scholarships for international students
- Flowers Across Melbourne Scholarship – Scholarship funded by a Melbourne florist, open to design, technology and agriculture students; worth AS$500 towards university costs.
- International Water Centre Scholarships for International Students – Australian scholarships for international students undertaking the Masters in Integrated Water Management program at the University of Queensland in Brisbane.