The Government of Flanders has launched a new scholarship programme, Mastermind Scholarships for international students for 2018/2019.
About the Mastermind Scholarships
The programme aims to promote the internationalization of the Flemish Higher Education, as stated in the Action Plan for Student Mobility, Brains on the Move (September 2013).
Students cannot apply directly. Applications need to be submitted by the Flemish host institution.
Application Deadline: Varies by institution. Some institutions have as deadline 15th February 2018! Apply early!
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Various universities in Belgium
- KU Leuven / University of Leuven
- University of Antwerp
- Ghent University
- Hasselt University
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel
University colleges (Arts and Nautical Sciences)
- Antwerp Maritime Academy
- Artesis Plantijn University College Antwerp
- Erasmus University College Brussels
- Karel de Grote University College
- LUCA School of Arts
- University College Ghent
Eligible Field of Study: The program holds for all study areas.
Offered Since: 2015
Related Scholarships: Developing Country scholarships Hasselt University Belgium
Eligibility: The Flemish host institution applies on behalf of the student.
General eligibility requirements
- The applicant applies to take up a Master degree programme at a higher education institution in Flanders (hereafter ‘Flemish host institution’).
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential. He/she meets all academic entrance criteria, including relevant language requirements, for entering the Master programme in question offered by the Flemish host institution.
- All nationalities can apply. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders.
- Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution cannot apply.
Selection: A Flemish selection committee awards the scholarships, in cooperation with the Flemish Department of Education and Training.
Number of Awardees: 30 to 40
Value of Scholarship: The incoming student is awarded a scholarship of maximum €8000,- per academic year.
Duration of Scholarship: The duration of mobility is minimum 1 academic year and maximum the full duration of the master programme. If the student obtains less than 45 ECTS in the first year, then he/she loses the scholarship in the second year.
How to Apply:
- You can find more information in the guidelines for application in the Scholarship Webpage link here
- However, you need to contact the Flemish higher education institution to inquire about their internal selection procedures and the deadline for submitting the application.
For more scholarships and other offers click here.
Award Provider: Flemish Government