Application Deadline: 31st October 2017
Facebook Fellowship Program is open to full-time Ph.D. students (domestic and international) enrolled during the current academic year and studying computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system architecture, or a related area.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Domestic and International Students
To be taken at (country): Any country (excluding US embargoed countries)
- Computational Social Science
- Compute Storage and Efficiency
- Computer Vision
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking and Connectivity
- Research Outside of the Above: relevant work in areas that may not align with the research priorities highlighted above.
About the Award: Giving people the power to share and connect requires constant innovation. At Facebook, research permeates everything we do. We believe the most interesting research questions are derived from real-world problems. Our engineers work on cutting edge research with a practical focus and push product boundaries every day. We believe that close relationships with the academic community will enable us to address many of these problems at a fundamental level and solve them. As part of our ongoing commitment to building academic relationships, we are pleased to announce the two years Facebook Fellowship program to support Ph.D. students in the 2017-18 and 2018-19 academic years.
Type: Ph.D., Fellowship
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
- Full-time Ph.D. students who are currently involved in ongoing research.
- Students work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines.
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) that the Fellowship is awarded.
- The Fellowship Program is open to Ph.D. students globally who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country.
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Value of Scholarship:
Each Facebook Fellowship includes several benefits:
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years).
- $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year).
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support.
- Paid visit to Facebook HQ to present research.
- Opportunity for a paid internship at Facebook.
Duration of Scholarship: Facebook Fellowship Award to cover two years!
Required application materials:
- 1-2 page research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award. Please reference the topical areas below.
- Student’s CV (with email, phone and mailing address). Please include applicable coursework.
- 2 letters of recommendation (one must be from an academic advisor).
How to Apply:
The Application is now live. Go to the Site and enter your information.
Visit scholarship web page for details
Award Sponsors: Facebook
For more scholarships and other offers click here.