Application Deadline: April 3, 2017; June 2, 2017 and October 2, 2017
Host Institution/ Country: University of Winnipeg, Canada
University of Winnipeg are now open to international students. These will be given to students who are entering any of the University’s divisions for the first time – Undergraduate, Graduate, Collegiate, Professional, Applied and Continuing Education (PACE) or English Language Program (ELP).
There are a wide variety of ways to fund your education as an international student. Unless otherwise stated, all full-time and part-time students are eligible for Entrance and In-Course awards as long as they meet the published criteria.
If English is not the student’s first/primary language and they are not from an English Exempt Country, they must provide supporting documentation to show they meet the conditions. Students will not be admitted until this requirement has been met.
Course Level: These will be given to international students who are entering any of the University’s divisions for the first time – Undergraduate, Graduate, Collegiate, Professional, Applied and Continuing Education (PACE) or English Language Program (ELP).
Study Subject: are awarded to study all subjects offered by the university.
English Language Program: $3,500
Professional, Applied Continuing Education: $3,500
Number of : English Language Program: 3; Professional, Applied Continuing Education: 3; Undergraduate: 3; Collegiate: 3 and Graduate: 3
Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility: Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum 80% admission average or equivalent
- Be an international student
- Entering first year of any program
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities
- Apply for admission by the scholarship deadline date
Nationality: International students can apply for University of Winnipeg .
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicant must have a minimum 80% admission average or equivalent.
- English Language Requirement: Below are a list of the tests and programs for English language that are acceptable at The University of Winnipeg:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (IELTS): A minimum score of 550 with no less than 50 in each component (paper-based), or achieve a minimum score of 80 with no less than 19 in each component (internet-based).
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Minimum band score of 6.5 based on the Academic Module
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): Minimum grade C
- CanTest: An average score of 4.5 in Listening and Reading; and a score of 4.0 in writing
- A score of 3.5 in writing may be considered, depending on the program of study, and provided the student is registered in Academic Writing Extended (ESL).
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): A score of C
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB): Minimum score of 80%
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL): Minimum score of 60
- Pearson Test of English PTE (Academic): Minimum of score of 58
- Academic English Program for University and College Entrance (AEPUCE): Successful Completion
- Full Name: English Language Program (ELP) at The University of Winnipeg: Successful Completion of Academic Level 5
- Full Name: English for Specific Purposes Program (ESP) at The University of Winnipeg: Minimum C+ in Academic Writing 1 and 2
How to Apply: Please submit your completed form and documents via email. In addition to this application, please submit the following pieces of information:
- Personal Statement: Outline your leadership qualities, extra-curricular/volunteer involvement and academic goals. This should be 250-500 words.
- Resume: List your volunteer/extra-curricular activities in chronological order, your work experience, awards, any publications, etc.
- Official Transcript.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is April 3, 2017; June 2, 2017 and October 2, 2017.