Application Deadline: 14-Jul-2017
Shell’s Assessed Internship consist of well-defined projects with clear objectives and deliverables that will allow you to work with a number of interesting and stimulating colleagues on projects that have a real business impact. You will gain valuable experience and skills to equip you for your future working career.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, they have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals.
They are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape the future of Shell. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
Job Title: Assessed Internship Opportunities 2017 United States
Country of Work: United States
Shell Internship Programme
The internships are carefully framed to allow students to benefit from regular performance evaluation and feedback throughout their time with Shell. Taking part in a Shell Internship is a way for one to discover what Shell has to offer as an employer, and to see if the students have what it takes to become a part of Shell. You will benefit from regular performance reviews that will enable you to enhance your strengths, while continuously building upon your development areas. Shell’s Internships are designed to help you:
- Put into practice theories and concepts learned in the classroom
- Discover the strengths and development areas of your work-related skills, through constructive feedback, evaluation and supervision
- Improve general business competencies, including communication, team-building, organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Gain exposure to the energy industry and related issues
- Build valuable networks for future career options
- Discover potential job areas, fields of specialization or areas of future study
Following a successful internship, you could be offered a place on our Graduate Program.
What Shell looks for
- They are looking for ambitious students who are currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution, and meet the following criteria:
- To be eligible for an Internship, you should be an actively enrolled student who will complete at least one more semester of education following your internship.
- You must have a minimum Cumulative GPA (CGPA) of 3.20
- Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee, temporary resident, or an individual who possesses valid work authorization. Individuals with temporary visas (H-1, H-2, J-1, F-1, etc.) or who require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future are not eligible for hire.
As part of our process to identify remarkable individuals, we use a competency-based assessment methodology which focuses on Capacity, Achievement and Relationships (CAR).
- Shell is looking for people with the intellectual, analytical, and creative ability to learn quickly, identify issues, and propose innovative solutions.
- Wants driven high-achievers full of curiosity, self-confidence and organizational skills.
- Is searching for strong communicators who work well within a team, respect others and encourage and support colleagues.
Shell will match you to a particular role based on your skills as they align to your selected Shell Business Areas. (Please find more explanation of Shell Business Areas here .)
*Please note that you must be lawfully authorized to work in the country in which your assigned to work in the Programme.
To apply directly to InternshipClick Here
IMPORTANT : Before applying, you are advised to read the data protection policy.
NOTE: The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship page. This is only a summarized listing of the scholarship. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice. For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider.