The postdoctoral fellowships are intended to support researchers who have only recently completed their PhD, in developing an independent, international research career. For the funding of a limited number of fellowships, the FWO collaborates with VITO.
The Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO) is an independent agency that stimulates and supports ground-breaking fundamental research in all areas of science at the universities in the Flemish Community, including associated research institutes.
- Applications Deadline: December 3, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: The Institute of Tropical Medicine for research to tropical medicine, veterinary medicine or healthcare in developing countries.
- Scholarship Award: There is a flexible bench fee available (4.000 – 10.000 euro per year).
- Nationality: This fellowship is available for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: For the funding of a limited number of fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Developing Countries
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You hold a PhD by thesis or a degree or a diploma or certificate recognised as equivalent in accordance with European Union directives or a bilateral agreement
- You can apply for a junior postdoctoral fellowship if your PhD was obtained not longer than 3 years before October, 1 of the year in which the fellowship would start, or will be obtained at Jun 1 of that year at the latest
- You have not previously received a similar fellowship (not even in part).
- You can apply maximum two times for the same fellowship. You can apply for a senior postdoctoral fellowship immediately after you junior postdoctoral fellowship
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause
- Transitional measures (if you already applied for a postdoc at FWO earlier)
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: You complete your application via the FWO e-loket