The University of Sussex welcomes applications from outstanding international applicants across the arts and humanities for 10 fully funded Chancellor’s International Research Scholarships.
Application Deadline: 19th January 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International (Non-UK/EU)
To be taken at (country): UK
Eligible Fields of Study: Applicants must apply for a PhD in one of the following Schools at the University of Sussex:
- School of English
- School of Media, Film and Music
- School of History, Art History and Philosophy
Type: PhD (research)
- Applicants must be classified as an international fee paying student and able to commence their PhD in September 2017.
- Applicants must meet the University’s academic entry requirements and English language requirements.
Number of Awardees: 10
Value of Scholarship: Fees and stipend
Duration of Scholarship: Scholarships are tenable for one year in the first instance, renewable annually for a maximum of 3 years.
How to Apply: Applicants will need to complete TWO online applications in order to be considered for a scholarship:
- Applicants must apply online for a PhD at Sussex. Deadline: 5th January 2017.
Applicants must complete a separate online application for the scholarship. Deadline: 19th January 2017.
Link to the Scholarship Application:https://www.cognitoforms.com/UniversityOfSussex1/ChancellorsInternationalResearchScholarship2017
When completing the scholarship application applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- Project Summary (no longer than 7000 characters and needs to outline the overall goals and proposed timeline of the proposed research project. It must contain details of any language training and fieldwork that will be necessary to carry out the proposed research)
- Two references (at least one must be an academic reference)
In addition, applicants will need to provide their University of Sussex application number when completing the scholarship application form (the application number will be provided once applicants have applied for a PhD).
Award Provider: University of Sussex