The World Health Organization (WHO) as the leader in global public health issues is committed to building future leaders in public health.
[box type=”info” ]
Application Deadline: 28th February, 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All countries
Host Institution/Country: WHO regional and out-posted offices (Africa, Americas, Europe, Eastern Mediterranean, South-East Asia, and Western Pacific)
About the Award
Participants include both students and young professionals from different cultural, academic, as well as geographic backgrounds with a common interest: a motivation to pursue a career in supporting public health. Interns/volunteers come from the region of the Africa, and Asia. WHO had interns from Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, United States, Saudi Arabia, Romania, Turkey, Japan, Jamaica to name a few. They are from various academic backgrounds, from international politics, political sciences, computer sciences, marketing finances, biology, journalism and public health, to political communications and video editing.
- You are at least twenty years of age on the date of application;
- you are enrolled in a course of study at a university or equivalent institution leading to a formal qualification (graduate or postgraduate) (applicants who have already graduated may also qualify for consideration provided that they start the internship within six months after completion of their formal qualification);
- you have completed three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing (bachelor’s level or equivalent) the assignment;
- you possess a first degree in a public health, medical or social field related to the technical work of WHO or a degree in a management-related or administrative field;
- you are not related to a WHO staff member (e.g., son/daughter, brother/sister, or mother/father);
- you are fluent at least in one of the working language of the office of assignment; and
- you have not previously participated in WHO’s Internship Programme.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Internship: WHO’s Internship Programme offers a wide range of opportunities for students to gain insight in the technical and administrative programmes of WHO. WHO internships are not paid and all costs of travel and accommodation are the responsibility of the intern candidate.
Duration of Internship: six to twenty four weeks.
If you are interested in completing an internship at a WHO office please follow the relevant below link(s). You will find information on the application process and additional information on WHO’s Internship Programme on the website of the respective office. Choose to apply in any of the offices via the links below:
- WHO Headquarters
- WHO Regional Office for Africa (email)
- WHO Regional Office for the Americas
- WHO Regional Office for Europe
- WHO Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean
- WHO Regional Office for South-East Asia
- WHO Regional Office for the Western Pacific
Click here to Visit Internship Webpage for details
Award Provider: World Health Organisation (WHO)
[box type=”note” ]Important Notes: WHO does not charge for internships. If you encounter programmes that “facilitate” your obtaining an internship by paying money, please contact the WHO. WHO does not charge for internships.[/box]
[box type=”shadow” ]Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship page for the listed scholarship. This is only a summarized listing of the scholarship. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice. For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from dev-scholarships.com is strictly at your own risk[/box]