DAAD Masters Degree Scholarships for International Students in Germany is open for International Students. The scholarship allows PhD, Masters level program(s) in the field of Textiles, Readymade Cloth Technology, Environmental Science, Water Resource Engineering, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure Planning, hydrology, Air Quality Control, Solid Waste, Wastewater Processing Technology, Photogrammetry, Geoinformatics, Natural Hazards, Structural Engineering taught at Technische Universität Dresden, Bauhaus University, University of Flensburg, University of Stuttgart, University Hannover The deadline of the scholarship is August to November 2020.
- Scholarship type – Fully Funded
- Universities – Technische Universität Dresden, Bauhaus University, University of Flensburg, University of Stuttgart, University Hannover
- Program – PhD, Masters
- Department – Textiles, Readymade Cloth Technology, Environmental Science, Water Resource Engineering, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure Planning +8 More
- For International Students
- Location – Germany
DAAD Masters Degree Scholarships for International Students in Germany is available to undertake PhD, Masters level programs at Technische Universität Dresden, Bauhaus University, University of Flensburg, University of Stuttgart, University Hannover.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Readymade Cloth Technology
- Environmental Science
- Water Resource Engineering
- Renewable Energy
- Infrastructure Planning
- Air Quality Control
- Solid Waste
- WasteWater Processing Technology
- Natural Hazards
- Structural Engineering
- Scholarship payments of 850 euros a month
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance
- One-off study allowance
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefit
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
- To enable scholarship holders to learn German in preparation for their stay in the country, DAAD offers the following services:
- Payment of course fees for the online language course “Deutsch-Uni Online (DUO)” (www.deutsch-uni.com) for six months after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter
- if necessary: Language course (2, 4 or 6 months) before the start of the study visit; the DAAD decides whether to fund participation and for how long depending on German language skills and project. Participation in a language course is compulsory if the study programme is taught in German.
- Allowance for a personally chosen German language course during the scholarship period
- Reimbursement of the fees for the TestDaF test which has either been taken in the home country after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter or in Germany before the end of the funding period
- As an alternative to the TestDaF for scholarship holders who have taken a language course beforehand: the fee for a DSH examination taken during the scholarship period may be reimbursed.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree of normally 4 years.
- Applicant’s degree must be related to the field they are applying for the scholarships in Germany.
- The applicant’s degree should not be more than 6 years old.
- People who have been living in Germany for 15 months or more by the deadline time can NOT apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants will first apply to the host university and then for DAAD scholarships in Germany.
General information on the application via DAAD portal
You can access the DAAD portal by clicking “Application portal” at the end of the page. Here you will find an online application form in which you can enter your application data.
This is what you have to do:
1. Register in the DAAD portal (Read notes about registering in the portal >>)
2. Request references
The form, which has to be completed by a referee, has to be generated in the DAAD portal in the section “Request reference” after registration and downloaded. Please send the form by e-mail to your referee and ask for the completed reference form to be returned to you in a sealed envelope. In each case, please provide your referee with the application address thus enabling him/her to send the recommendation letter there direct.
Please note that the form for completion by a referee can only be generated during the application period (from about 6 weeks before the application deadline).
Please generate one form for each referee.
The reference is confidential and may not be viewed by the applicant!
3. Applying online in the DAAD portal (Read notes on applying in the portal >>)
· Download and complete the online application form
· Prepare application documents
· If necessary, translate documents (unless they are already in German or English).
· Scan paper documents (except references) and save in PDF format. Please note that you can only upload PDF files to the portal.
· Upload the completed application form and the other application documents to the portal in PDF format. Translations, if applicable, should be uploaded together with the document issued in the original language.
· Submit the uploaded application documents online.
4. Sending application documents by post
References must be sent in the unopened envelope to the application location.
Information for applicants from non-EU countries: Please remember to specify the exact contents of your postal consignment in the documents for the customs authorities, e.g. “Application for a scholarship with application documents, a reference and a DVD with work samples (no commercial goods, no merchandise value, no insurable value)”.