If you have been looking for an opportunity to study in Belgium, this is an incredible opportunity for you. Applications are open for international students to apply for Fully Funded VLIR-ICP Master’s Scholarship to Study in Belgium
- The 2021-2022 call is open from 9 October 2020 until 1 February 2021.
You DO NOT have to pay the application fee.
- You do not have to pay the application fee.
- Please complete your online application, and submit your recommendation letters before 1 February 2021. Applications and documents received after this date will not be taken into consideration for the scholarship.
- For technical problems and/or questions about the application procedure, please contact the Admissions Office. See also our FAQ page.
- We advise you to use your desktop, laptop or tablet computer and not your smartphone when completing your application.
Eligibility for VLIR-ICP Master’s Scholarship to Study in Belgium
Please check your eligibility before applying! You must meet the following two conditions in order to apply for the VLIR-ICP Master’s Scholarships at KU Leuven.
- The applicant must be a national and resident of one of the 31 scholarship countries (not necessarily the same country) at the time of application:
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
- Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
- The applicant must be eligible for admittance to the selected Master programme at KU Leuven. Please click on each of the following five programmes offered at KU Leuven* to check the admission requirements for the programme of your choice:
- Master of Cultural Anthropology and Development Studies
- Master of Human Settlements
- Master of Food Technology
- ICP Master in Sustainable Development
- Master of Water Resources Engineering
*To see the full list of eligible programmes at Flemish universities for the VLIR-ICP scholarship please click here.
- The maximum age for a Master programme candidate is 35 years for an initial masters and 45 years for an advanced masters. The candidate cannot succeed this age on January 1 of the intake year.
- Application for admission in one of the VLIR ICP programmes listed below leads automatically to a VLIR UOS scholarship application. No further action is needed if you meet all the prerequisites.
Please find the VLIR UOS eligibility criteria on the following website.
How to Submit Your Application
To start your application at KU Leuven, login to the web app and complete your personal data (personal data, addresses, curriculum and languages). Fields marked with * are obligatory. After saving your data, return to the main page (‘<‘ button on top of the page) and check the completeness of each section. You must also upload an id picture on the top left of the main page via the icon . This ID picture will also be used on your student card during registration at KU Leuven after having been granted admission. Consult the guidelines regarding the ID picture here.
Start Your Application to Study in Belgium
Add an application by clicking the ‘+’ button in the Applications section on the main page of the web app
- Select the academic year
- Choose the type of programme
- Choose your specific programme by using the search tool
- Master of Cultural Anthropology and Development Studies (Leuven)
- Master of Human Settlements (Leuven)
- Master of Food Technology (Leuven et al)
- ICP Master of Science in Sustainable Development (Leuven)
- Master of Water Resources Engineering (Leuven et al)
- Complete any additional information that is requested
- Save the data
You have to complete your application(s) by clicking on the ‘Edit’ button, which you will find on the right side of your screen in the “Applications” section
If you would like to study in USA, check Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University USA 2021–2022