The Very Prestigious Global Korea Scholarship Program 2021 is now Open. The GKS Scholarship was Previously known as the Korean Government Scholarship. In 2021, the GKS Korean Government’s Global Korea Scholarship Program aims to invite 1,278 International Students to Study Full-Time Masters and Ph.D. Degree Programs.
There is No Application Fee Required for the GKS Scholarship. The Global Korea Scholarship is a Fully Funded all-expense covered Scholarship. All Participants from all around the world are eligible to apply for the GKS Korean Government Scholarship.
A Wide Range of Academic Fields is available. All the Korean Universities are Participating In this Scholarship Program. The Call is Open and You can Apply Now. The South Korean Scholarship is one of the most competitive and top scholarship programs in the world. Detailed information about the Global Korea Scholarship 2021 is given below.
Details About Global Korea Scholarship 2021
- Country: South Korea
- Course Level: Master’s or Doctoral or Research
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: Varies from Country to Country
Korean Government Scholarship which is normally called the Global Korea Scholarship is a Fully Funded Scholarship in Korea for international students. All the expenses will be covered by the Korean Government.
- Round Airfare Tickets
- Resettlement Allowance (KRW 200,000)
- Living Allowance (KRW 900,000)
- Medical Insurance (KRW 20,000)
- Language Courses
- Full Tuition Fees
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency
- Research Support (KRW 210,000 – 240,000)
- Printing Costs (Dissertation) (KRW 500,000 – 800,000)
- Completion Grant
About GKS Scholarship
To Provide International Students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in Graduate Programs at Higher Educational Institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries.
No. of Scholarships
1,278 International Scholarships from 153 regions will be provided for Graduate Masters and PhD Degree Studies.
Available Academic Fields
- All-Academic Fields & Majors are available Under the Global Korea Scholarship by the Korean Government for Masters & PhD.
- Applicants must choose their majors (fields of study) that are only listed in the “University Information” file.
Korean Scholarship Duration
- Doctoral Degree Program: 4 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 3 years of the regular degree program
- Master’s Degree Program: 3 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 2 years of a degree program
- Research Program: 6 Months
Eligibility Criteria for the Korean Government Scholarship
- All applicants and their parents must not hold Korean citizenship.
- Korean citizens and dual citizenship holders (one who have Korean citizenship and citizenship of another country) are NOT eligible to apply.
- Must be under 40 years of age as of September 1, 2020 (born after September 1, 1980)
- Academic professors who are under 45 years of age as of September 1, 2020 (born after September 1, 1975) and hold citizenship of one of the Official Development Assistance (ODA) recipients listed in the table below are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must hold or must be expected to hold a Bachelor’s Degree to be enrolled in a Master Program OR hold a Master Degree to be enrolled in PhD. Degree Program.
- Research Program Applicants: Must hold a degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a Master’s degree and must have received an invitation from one of NIIED’s
designated Korean universities.
- Postdoctoral Research Program: Must hold a doctoral degree or a level of education equivalent to a doctoral degree.
- Applicants who are expected to graduate at the time of applying must first submit the certificate of expected graduation at the time of applying.
- English Language Requirements/Certificate.
The last date to apply for the Global Korea Scholarship Program 2021 varies from Country to Country and Korean Embassy to Embassy of your Country. All applicants must check the deadline for application submission by contacting their relevant embassy or desired university directly.
How to Apply
The Applicants Need to Fill and Complete the Online Application Form. To apply for the Korean Government Scholarship 2021. Please Visit the Official website of the GKS Scholarship Program 2021.