If you are looking for an opportunity to study in Germany, wait no more. DAAD-EPOS Scholarship is open for students from developing countries who wish to study in Germany.
Deadline for Applications: February 15, 2021
As the M.Sc. WASTE is now a part of the EPOS-DAAD Program, there will be two different application procedures and periods from now on. Hence, we highly recommend to check all online application guidelines again:
Application Procedure A: Self-financed studies (Application period – Winter Term 2021/2022: 15.11.2020 – 15.02.2021). Deadline: February 15th, 2021 (23:59 – CET Central European Time) for Winter Term 2021/22
Application Procedure B: EPOS-DAAD Scholarship (Application period – Winter Term 2021/2022: 01.08.2020 – 30.09.2020) Deadline: September 30th, 2020 (23:59 – CET Central European Time) for Winter Term 2021/22
Keep in mind that the EPOS-DAAD Program offers a chance for outstanding international professionals (List of eligible countries) to finance their studies in Germany. Due to the limited number of scholarships, applicants under the application procedure B could be granted admission to the M.Sc. WASTE without an EPOS-DAAD scholarship. In such cases, the applicant must self-finance his/her studies, and no further application steps must be completed.
Objective of DAAD-EPOS Scholarship program
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialised countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Who can apply?
Graduates with at least two years’ professional experience from the following countries: list of eligible countries
What can be funded?
Individual scholarships exclusively for Postgraduate courses in Germany that are listed on the “List of all Postgraduate courses with application deadlines 2021/22”.
Duration of the funding
12 to 36 months (dependent on study programme)
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
- Candidates fulfil the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
Apply at the official scholarship site