The University of Toronto Hong Kong applications are being started for Hong Kong students who are intending to begin university studies in the following academic year in Canada.
The program is open to all students who have demonstrated family financial needs and are committed to developing a career and community service in Hong Kong.
The University of Toronto is a publically-funded institution and a world-renowned university that offers a wide variety of undergraduate, professional and graduate programs. At U of T, they give you the option to choose an undergraduate study course from 700 academic programs.
Why at the University of Toronto? Studying at UT give you the opportunity to develop your skills, knowledge, and work experience through the University of Toronto’s Work-Study Program. You can be hired for paid work on campus.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2020 (Applications will be open on October 2019)
- University or Organization: University of Toronto
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: CAD 13,000 to 27,500 per year
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Hong Kong students
- The award can be taken in Canada
- International Awards at St. Thomas University in Canada 2020
- £18,000 Worth British Chevening Scholarships 2020-2021 | ONGOING
- Eligible Countries: Hong Kong
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The program is available for undergraduate study
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following:
- Hong Kong students who have completed or are in the process of completing the HKDSE, IB (or equivalent)
- Applicants must have the prerequisite courses needed for their chosen program at the University of Toronto and Have an English proficiency test
- Permanent resident of Hong Kong who will return after graduation (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit); not have citizenship, landed immigrant status, permanent residency or any other claim to residence in Canada
- Have a strong personal initiative and community leadership
- Have a genuine interest in living abroad and wants to enjoy a new cultural experience
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for this award, applicants are required to take admission into the University in any bachelor degree program. After being a university student, the candidate will automatically eligible to submit Hong Kong Scholarships Application Form. Application instructions will be available in October.
- Note: The Hong Kong Awards Application Form makes candidates eligible for the following grants: University of Toronto (Hong Kong) foundation grant, William Doo Scholarship, Fung Yiu King Memorial Scholarship, and Kenneth Lo Family Scholarship
- Supporting Documents: As a part of the application, applicants need to submit English proficiency test evidence, transcript, and other that will mention on the application form.
- Admission Requirements: Entry requirements vary according to the programs in which you wish to study.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you will need to provide evidence of adequate English proficiency for admission consideration.
Benefits: The University of Toronto will provide award range from CAD 13,000 to 27,500 per year that renewable for 4 years.